If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #8549  by Oktane

I am going to start the process for my ccwp. When are these classes offerered? Is there a set date or when you get enough people to sign up?
 #8551  by Wynder

If you're in New Castle County, drop me an email -- it looks like the next one I'll be holding is later in January. I can send you a notice as we get closer and the date firms up.
 #23357  by RangeRat

Free CCDW cert after joining the DSPC. (cost $225)

From Gordon Hendry @ the Delaware State Pistol Club (I'd asked if he was still doing the training):
Yes, Classes given the third Wed of each month, I combine it with the orientation class, some times a extra session is needed to complete the firing. On line sign up and notification required. I provide the links to the law and forms when a person signs up. No charge to NRA/DSPC members, Board approval given for this training. Non members cost is $225.00 with prior Board approval and payment required.

All information about our club (except membership list) is on the web site including this, under contacts. Each year this brings in new members and provides income to the club.
Forms here:
http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/ ... Items.aspx

Membership is $75 / year & a one-time app fee of $150 = $225 for CCDW cert + one year of DSPC membership.

This is what I did...
 #41839  by glock9

RangeRat wrote:Free CCDW cert after joining the DSPC. (cost $225)

From Gordon Hendry @ the Delaware State Pistol Club (I'd asked if he was still doing the training):
Yes, Classes given the third Wed of each month, I combine it with the orientation class, some times a extra session is needed to complete the firing. On line sign up and notification required. I provide the links to the law and forms when a person signs up. No charge to NRA/DSPC members, Board approval given for this training. Non members cost is $225.00 with prior Board approval and payment required.

All information about our club (except membership list) is on the web site including this, under contacts. Each year this brings in new members and provides income to the club.
Forms here:
http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/ ... Items.aspx

Membership is $75 / year & a one-time app fee of $150 = $225 for CCDW cert + one year of DSPC membership.

This is what I did...

I also took my training from gordan hendry. great guy had fun in his class..

when it comes time for my wife, i think ill call Amy. my wife would probaly be more comfortable with a women
 #46530  by phlydude

While waiting to pay at Ommelanden this morning, an instructor from First State Firearms Training was doing the live-fire exercise with his current class...

We got chatting and during the 1st cold line, he asked what I planned on shooting that day and I told him about 130 rounds...he said if I came in for his classes, he would exempt me from the live-fire exercise since he saw me doing that part.

He said he charges $150 for the classes and runs them once per week or so...he gave me a card:

First State Firearms Training
David A Johnson

National Rifle Association of America Certified Instructor

302-834-0333

http://www.firststatefirearmstraining.com
dave@firststatefirearmstraining.com

Anyone use them?
 #46531  by Boots

phlydude wrote:... He said he charges $150 for the classes and runs them once per week or so...he gave me a card:

First State Firearms Training
David A Johnson

National Rifle Association of America Certified Instructor

302-834-0333

http://www.firststatefirearmstraining.com
dave@firststatefirearmstraining.com

Anyone use them?
I did, and the training was fine. And, as all the instructors do, he covers everything DE requires. He doesn't care much for OC, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
 #46532  by phlydude

Thanks...the hardest part of the process is thinking of 5 people to do references for me. I know folks but I don't want to put anyone down that may have been arrested before (regardless of charges being dropped or not).

I hail from PA and work there too...all the people I know seem to be PA residents aside from a few neighbors.