If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #46703  by GatorDude

bluedog46 wrote:maybe its off topic, but dont they have anything better to do than talk to references. I know this sounds redundent but there is a little thing called the second amendment
Is that horse dead yet? We all know what the Second Amendment says. However, we also know you need a license/permit to carry concealed on the vast majority of states.
 #46723  by bluedog46

GatorDude wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:maybe its off topic, but dont they have anything better to do than talk to references. I know this sounds redundent but there is a little thing called the second amendment
Is that horse dead yet? We all know what the Second Amendment says. However, we also know you need a license/permit to carry concealed on the vast majority of states.
yes it is, but we can agree have opinions. I am sure most dont agree with aspects of the ccdw process but i will say it is what it is.
 #46732  by GatorDude

But putting that here was completely irrelevant and inane. Start a thread on why you think the system sucks in the appropriate forum.
 #53568  by SCUBA9097

You can take it without applying for your license. Wanting to increase your knowledge is never a bad thing.
 #60468  by Frank

The Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club offers a complete two day course for $150.00, same price for members and non-members.
 #60482  by bluedog46

Frank wrote:The Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club offers a complete two day course for $150.00, same price for members and non-members.
That is one of the lower prices that I had heard.
 #61492  by photog

Keep in mind that anyone can offer you a "cheap quickie" course at a cheap price. Please do not base your choice on price or how few amount of hours you can complete it.

Delaware requires an NRA Basic Pistol course, as well as a CCDW class (and a minimum 100 rounds fired). These combined classes should take 10 to 12 hours. Either completed in 1 day, or two if the student prefers. Some folks cut this time way down and drop the price to give the illusion of low-cost, quality instruction. However, all they are really offering is a quick buck in their pocket and a dis-service to their students, who in turn, will not be properly educated and prepared with the necessary knowledge and information to concealed carry (or open carry) properly.

*note* I am not stating this to solicit perspective students, or to put down any other training organization.... just stating facts.....

Have a nice day!! 8-)