Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #21237  by stephpd

Looks like folks are getting bolder with their 2A rights.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoe ... scene.html

CNN to scared to approach the man, uses others video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3L2mxTm ... r_embedded

Where was Chris Matthews today?

And from the guys that went there:

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewt ... &sk=t&sd=a
Last edited by stephpd on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #21239  by Tony T

Talk about giant cajhones.

#21240  by George

extra mag in back pocket
 #21243  by scampbell3

The sleeping giant is beginning to wake up. Those who otherwise would sit back and watch things happen and not get involved, are now getting involved. I myself have written more letter and emails in the last year then I ever have in the past.

This will become more prevalent.

A man with a gun...at a political rally...and no one was killed.... :o The video clearly shows the liberal media doesn't know how to deal with such a thing... :o sarcasm intended.

Chip
 #21248  by dave_in_delaware

I heard about this story on the radio this morning. IIRC, the reporter mentioned that OC is illegal in Arizona. So, shouldn't have this guy been arrested? Or is OC OK in AZ?

edit: I just read the first article. I guess if the police were OK with it (although watching him), then all is fine and no laws were broken. Nevermind.
 #21250  by stephpd

xx927 wrote:Just because you do something, dosen't mean you always should. I think such a display can only cause a right to open carry law be changed, especially when you go to a presidential event like this. It is not prudent.
I couldn't disagree more. I'd like anyone to show one example of OC'ing being used to restrict any gun laws. By your way of thinking gays should still be in the closet. Don't want to upset the norm or they could pass laws further restricting your rights.

Or don't voice an opinion less the Government restrict that right. That speech hasn't been delegated to those with licenses and pass some form of Government control. Just look at all the MSM getting bent over a legal activity. Makes them look foolish and that maybe they should have to pass some form of test before spewing bullshit. Lack of knowledge of the laws doesn't seem to hamper their ability to lie.and try to sway public opinion against a legal activity and civic duty.

Problem is that the right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected right. Both the Federal government and many states have this and respect this right. It's not a law but the lack of them that makes this legal. There is just no way that the states that have this protected right would ever change their Constitutions to make it illegal.

Because of OC in the last few years we see the exact opposite from which you speak. Several states are pushing for having this right restored. Others are having mandatory training for LEO's about this legal activity. Even the story from Arizona show that the police are aware of and respect this right. Even the recent illegal arrests of some of these folks have been overturned by a jury of our peers.

Your fears seem to be the same that the Brady Bunch screamed when 'shall issue' was first proposed. The hunting crowd feared that there would be further restrictions on their privilege. Or that the streets would flow with blood. None of this happened. And the vile threats from the anti gun crowd continue chanting the same tune.

The thing to remember is that all these occurrences of OC at rallies are well outside the protected zone for any political rally. Don't worry, the only guns near any politician are going to see are the one we pay for in the form of police and secret service forces. (not that these folks don't have a mind for politics and couldn't do harm with their guns.)

The problem with your attitude in hiding your guns and not carrying openly at rallies is just what the other side wants. They claim to fear guns but have no problem with all the police carrying openly at these type events. The intimidation is just fabricated from their minds and lacks any connection to reality. The idea of those who hold this right should hide them or not come to these places just stifles our rights and doesn't allow for debate.

I think it great that this right is finally coming out of the closet. It's about time. When these political hacks and the winy liberals see that it's not just going to be a one sided discussion and that the laws were made so that we can protect ourselves, we win. They may cry and wine, like they do on the Huffington Post, but they've been doing that for years. The only thing that's changed is those that believe in right, the Constitution, and the rule of law are now standing up to be counted too.

That's a big win!

ps. Dave- OC is legal in AZ. Just because someone on the radio or TV says differently doesn't make it true. If it were illegal they never would have even thought of showing up to be arrested. Read the link I provide for the AZ site and the folks that were at the event. There were more then just this one guy. At least 6 folks and some have said there may have been as many as 12 here with guns. And nobody was shot, arrested or laws broken.
 #21251  by dave_in_delaware

Well put, Sir.
stephpd wrote:Dave- OC is legal in AZ. Just because someone on the radio or TV says differently doesn't make it true.
Yes, I know that. I was just saying that I heard a reporter mention it, so that's why I questioned it originally. Further reading found that the police were watching the guy, but OC is lawful there. So no problem.
 #21264  by Jason

He is my hero... He did it well, nice dressed well mannered A+++. And the secret service moving in on him not making contact A+ also in my book keep an eye on him its their job but don't do any thing more. This was well played by both sides!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #21272  by dave_in_delaware

xx927 wrote:... showing up at an event where POTUS is openly carrying is foolish, the two guys that did it at the event where moved to another location. I assure one of the alphabet agencies will turn their life upside down. I can open carry or conceal carry, sometimes you just gotta use common sense, trust me my spouse is a FLEO.
Keep in mind that not everyone has the choice to OC/CC. Some of us are stuck with only one option.

So, just because the POTUS is around, does that mean I should be unarmed instead of OC? Heck, of all places where something "bad" could happen, I'd think that would be a good place to protect yourself, since you never know what kind of nut job will try something. If I'm in a State where OC is lawful/legal, and I choose to carry every day for my own protection (and OC), is it fair that I should be expected to disarm just because some big-wig is around? Where does that logic stop?

POTUS?
VPOTUS?
Sec State?
US Senator?
local Rep?

So, using the "important political person" argument, where do my rights (to carry for self defense) begin and end? What "rank" of politician can I carry around?

Yeah, that would be a scary law, which would constantly change based on politicians' geographic locations.... That would be like the 1000' school zone rule, but the zone keeps moving around. For years I'm fine, but the next day I'm breaking the law because the POTUS is speaking in the park next to my house. :shock: