Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #62200  by Fishhunter911

i looked over on PA OC to check on the laws for PA. While you can OC, you cant in. Vehicle without a license to carry. I am reading this right? If so, that is not truly the OC.
 #62205  by Pjd832

thats the way i understand it....without a pa ltcf...or a ccw permit with reciprocity with pa...you while in a vehicle would need to have gun and ammo seperated...for whatever its worth i had called to inquire about getting a non resident pa ltcf with the lancaster co sherrif's office who said the ammo in passenger area gun in trunk....
 #62207  by bluedog46

Yes you cant oc in Pa without a ccdw that they recognize. Once you get delaware you can request a PA non-res ltcf. Now you could request a Florida Ltcf. I do believe you need the same class Delaware requires to get the Florida License to carry. I have both and probably will get the PA non-res

On a PA firearm site www.pfoa.org has some articles mentioning that there have been attempts in the legislature to change this and allow oc in a car. It does not seem like a big movement though as an ltcf is fairly easy to get in PA
 #62210  by mrjam2jab

While in a vehicle a reciprocal permit is not necessary.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6106: Firearms not to be carried without a license

(a) Offense defined.--
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
(2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a [FN1] valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

...snip...

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
 #62214  by Mr.Skellington

Fishhunter911 wrote:i looked over on PA OC to check on the laws for PA. While you can OC, you cant in. Vehicle without a license to carry. I am reading this right? If so, that is not truly the OC.
You can OC (on foot) in PA without any license. When you get into a vehicle you must either have a PA LTCF or a license from any other state. Since I haven't yet bothered to get my PA LTCF I personally keep mine holstered but uncovered (OCing) while driving in PA even though CCing in the vehicle would also fit exemption 11 to their code.

The exemption of importance here reads as:
(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
That is the real answer for anyone without their PA LTCF but does have a DE CCW.

These sites are also pretty useful for questions about PA law.
http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/ ... a-license/
and
http://paopencarry.org/forum/index.php

ETA: oops mrjam2jab beat me to it :)
 #62254  by rosco87

So I have my de CCDW I can open carry in my car with the exemption 11 thing?
 #62260  by mrjam2jab

rosco87 wrote:So I have my de CCDW I can open carry in my car with the exemption 11 thing?

Technically, there is no OC in PA within a vehicle. Our LTCF is for "carrying concealed on or about the person or in a vehicle". So a firearm inside a vehicle is considered CC.

But yes, 11 allows you to carry in your car in PA with your DE permit.