Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #84392  by brich2929

Wasn't there supposed to be a CCDW provision in HB35?
 #84393  by brich2929

brich2929 wrote:Wasn't there supposed to be a CCDW provision in HB35?
To answer my own question, yes. HA1 to HB35 adds a CCDW provision for private transfers, but in the Engrossment typed up today of the now passed Senate version, there is no provision typed in. Maybe an error?

Perhaps someone better informed can chime in?
 #84508  by David

One gun related committee meeting this week 4/24.

Education Committee
2:30pm in the House Chamber

HB67

AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO DEADLY WEAPONS, FIREARMS OR DESTRUCTIVE WEAPONS

This Act will increase the protections against criminal firearms violence afforded to our children by creating a new crime called Possession of a Firearm or Destructive Weapon in a Safe School Zone. The Act will ban the possession of firearms in schools and on school property. Firearms or destructive weapons that are possessed on private property or in private residences, businesses or motor vehicles on public roadways are exempt from the ban, as are firearms in motor vehicles that are on school property to facilitate attendance at a legitimate school function. Possession of a Firearm or Destructive Weapon in a Safe School Zone will be a Class D felony.

http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.ns ... .html?open
 #84509  by brich2929

I believe SB23 was supposed to be discussed on Wednesday, the 24th also, as it was tabled last week, the 18th at the last minute.

HB67 is a new one to me and ridiculous, as are all the others. Currently, you can carry in a school is you are a CCDW holder. This bill seems to take that away and makes schools less safe--the OPPOSITE of its design. :banghead:
 #84511  by David

SB23 is not currently on the docket for any committee this week.
 #84513  by Bullpup

brich2929 wrote:Currently, you can carry in a school is you are a CCDW holder. This bill seems to take that away and makes schools less safe--the OPPOSITE of its design. :banghead:
Making schools safer is NOT their design.
 #84778  by David

OK, next week's committee meetings are on Wed 5/1. Three bills coming at us:

Senate Judiciary Committee:
05/01/2013 02:15:00 PM
Senate Chamber Meeting Room
SB 40 AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS DURING THE COMMISSION OF A FELONY.
This Act will increase the penalties imposed upon repeat offenders convicted of the crime of Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony by adding that crime to the list of serious violent felonies that can serve as predicate offenses that trigger Delaware’s Habitual Criminal statute.
http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.ns ... endocument

House Health & Human Development
House Chamber
05/01/2013 12:30:00 PM
HB 88 AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO POSSESSION OF DEADLY WEAPONS BY PERSONS PROHIBITED AND TITLE 16 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO HEALTH AND SAFETY.
This Act expands the definition of “persons prohibited” to include those persons who are prohibited from possessing firearms pursuant to a court order under the procedures set forth in § 1448B of Title 11. Newly created § 1448B sets forth a procedure whereby law enforcement, upon receiving a report of a violent person and who is demonstrating behaviors that the provider believes are dangerous can refer the matter to the Department of Justice to petition the Superior Court for an order requiring such person to relinquish the person’s firearms or ammunition.

House Administration
House Chamber
05/01/2013 02:30:00 PM
HB 58 AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO PROHIBITED CONDUCT IN CONNECTION WITH LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINES
This bill would prohibit the manufacture, sale, purchase, transfer or delivery of large-capacity magazines, which are defined as ammunition feeding devices with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. Acknowledging that thousands of law-abiding Delawareans currently possess large-capacity magazines lawfully, the bill would make such possession unlawful only if it occurs in a public place while in possession of a firearm capable of accepting it. Possession of a large-capacity magazine would not be unlawful in areas that are not public places, and an exception exists to allow the possession and use of large-capacity magazines at shooting ranges. Persons who violate this Act would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor for a first offense and a class G felony for any subsequent offense.
 #84987  by David

Bump. Hopefully some of you guys can make it. Looks like I'm going to miss this week. Should be a good turn out due to the mag ban bill. NRA has sent emails out to members.
 #84989  by Strelok

I can't make to the hearing tomorrow, but I wrote to all the Committee Members twice in the past month about HB58. So far I got response only from Deborah Hudson. Short but sweet "I am a NO".