Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #85967  by astro_wanabe

There's a Campaign for Liberty meeting tonight for the West New Castle group. I haven't been to one since I was asked to not return to Klondike Kates while OCing (that's just one of the reasons - also work scheduling issues). Anyways might go tonight just because gun rights are on the agenda. Anybody else going? Here's the reminder email I got yesterday:
The monthly West New Castle County Campaign for Liberty meeting will be Tomorrow, May 21st.
7pm EST
Newark Senior Center (Activity Room)
200 White Chapel Drive
Newark, DE 19713

Members and Visitors from Representative Districts 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26.

Agenda

Delaware Gun Fight Update
Newark Property Rights Fight Actions
The New Volunteer Group Teams
Introductions of New Local Leaders

Mobilization Strategy and Training
Also, anybody know if the Newark Senio Center is OC-friendly?
 #85968  by Guard_Duck

astro_wanabe wrote:Also, anybody know if the Newark Senio Center is OC-friendly?

Just go in there like you own the place, and if they ask you to leave, then leave.
 #85984  by Kuntryboy816

Wish I had seen this yesterday b/c i would've been interested in going. If this is the same place that's off of Marrows Rd across from Kimberton then you're darn skippy I would've been carrying!

.....I mean we all know that Kimberton is the virtual Eden of Delaware but maybe a random act of violence could find its way even in there. :troll:
 #85987  by Deast

I had to stay at a friends house in Kimberton for a week when I was younger. It was the first house when you went in, and I still couldn't find a pizza place that would deliver there.
 #86000  by astro_wanabe

I went, and there must have been 4 or5 OC'ers, and I'm pretty sure more were CC'ing. I had to check the sign on the door and make sure it wasn't the DELOC meeting! Anyways it was a good meeting IMO, went over all the gun-related bills coming out of Dover and how they're able to apply much more broadly than what their supporters want you to think. How you could essentially be treated as insane until you can prove your own sanity (however the heck you do that), and healthcare providers are hit with a double-whammy of liability for not reporting and immunity for reporting everything (not just the doctor, but the entire facility - even if they involuntarily detain you for a mental health check). Also went over some stuff from recent local council meetings.