If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #5822  by cappilot06

Target (Brandywine Town Center, Route 202 at Naaman's Road):

I have not personally spoken to anyone from their corporate office, but I am in this store at least once a week OC'ing. Even with the security guard in there (and the occasional State Trooper), I have never once been stopped, questioned, or asked to leave.

I have always had good OC experiences here, and there are no visible signs against carrying.
 #5852  by dave_in_delaware

I've been in there before as well, with no issues.

I just sent an email to their Corporate Office to get their "stance" on OC/CC carry and the 2nd Amendment. I'll post what they say here.
 #6003  by MrCoolDale

I know I'm bringing up a dead topic, but I figured I'd mention comment anyway.
I used to be security for Target. Started out as the lowly security at the front door, moved to undercover, then to district. Target has some interesting policies, unbeknownst to the customers.

One of which is that the employee is always right. Target has a policy that, in store (meaning it doesn't include calling customer relations), managers are supposed to back the employee, unless he or she is blatantly disregarding the law or a strict policy. That means any employee can ask any customer to leave the store, or refuse any transaction, or just refuse service at any time without reason. The security is supposed to be the ones handling customers in that situation, and will almost ALWAYS back the employee.

Target Corporation (despite being a French organization), has an interesting policy toward firearms. They allow customer to carry firearms, whether it be CC or OC, and actually welcome it with open arms. However, the security on duty reserves the right to approach, question, and refuse any customer carrying for any reason. The only reason they would, though, is if they were put on alert by another store (meaning, another place in the area got robbed by someone matching your description). And Target works very closely with every store in the area, even Wal-Mart and Kmart.

Target's head of security (AP-LOD) and Store Manager of each store is actually encouraged by corporate to carry, or keep a sidearm close-by.

The reason they have this view on customers carrying firearms is because the 4th Target store opened in the company, was robbed at gun point. It was a customer that was carrying a sidearm that shot and killed the two gunmen. Ever since then, they welcome it.

Now, this is a corporate policy, each individual store has the ability to write their own policy.

I just thought this might help.
 #6016  by Wynder

MrCoolDale wrote:I know I'm bringing up a dead topic, but I figured I'd mention comment anyway.
It's certainly not a dead topic and information like this is VERY helpful and informative -- thanks for posting!