If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #99485  by littlephilly

As an update.

Our friend had to babysit so we conversed very quickly. Apparently the police contacted her and she is supposed to go in Friday to press charges. Our friend informed us that the person who she maced is apparently a registered sex offender that the police would like "back inside".

They did mention he lived in Wilmington. This was a relief to hubby as he was hoping the guy did not live here in our area since we live right by the Wal-Mart. Then again that is part of how we both got into guns based on things going on in our neighborhood.

We are playing to attend the pool party this year if my schedule permits.
 #99486  by Thargon

Even though that is probably the closest Walmart from where we live, we'd rather make the drive down to Middletown (the fact I work at the Amazon across the street helps).
My Father in Law worked DoC at Gander Hill for a bunch of years, and he refused to go any where near that Walmart due to the fact that so many of his former "clients" hung around that area.
 #99489  by Bullpup

Glad your friend is OK. I can't get my wife to carry a firearm. But she does carry a Kimber Pepper Blaster, and holds it in her hand to/from the car. I don't like her going to ANY Walmart alone. The dregs of society hang out there...
 #99491  by Boots

littlephilly wrote:... the person who she maced is apparently a registered sex offender that the police would like "back inside". ....
For some reason I'm not surprised to hear that!
 #99513  by dave_in_delaware

I'm glad your friend is OK and that everything worked out. She warned the guy yet he put his arm around her neck? WTF? I'm not a lawyer, but I believe that would have been justified for her to use a less "non-lethal" weapon.

I'm not a pepper spray expert, and I'm not sure how close she was when she used it, but if she was really close, isn't there a chance it could have gotten on her, or he wiped it into her eyes, or something?
 #99515  by Amy Blackthorn

littlephilly wrote:Our friend informed us that the person who she maced is apparently a registered sex offender that the police would like "back inside".

They did mention he lived in Wilmington.
Sounds like my stalker. Ugh. Might make it easier if someone could go with her for moral support.