If you have a particular encounter with another citizen or LEO, post it here.
 #100596  by stephpd

I'm confused.

You think using a gun was justified yet not a knife to 'stop the threat'?
Did the threat lessen in close proximity?

FBI stats show knives are frequently used and cause death. I'd suspect at least some of the time it's in self defense. Twice as many people were killed by knives then hammers.
http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offens ... le_08.html
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr ... a-table-11

Maybe it's just me, but if you think a gun is the solution then a knife would also be an equal alternative. Especially as the threat got within striking distance.
 #100597  by Dugan

stephpd wrote:I'm confused.

You think using a gun was justified yet not a knife to 'stop the threat'?
Did the threat lessen in close proximity?

FBI stats show knives are frequently used and cause death. I'd suspect at least some of the time it's in self defense. Twice as many people were killed by knives then hammers.
http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offens ... le_08.html
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr ... a-table-11

Maybe it's just me, but if you think a gun is the solution then a knife would also be an equal alternative. Especially as the threat got within striking distance.
He was in my face, the hammer had touched me. Yet he had not hit me with it per say.

I would not have fired, but if I saw him running at me like he was with it in the air initially I would have drawn and made him lay face first in the dirt till cops arrived. But that'll never happen in NJ.

And since its NJ me pulling a knife I'm sure would have been some how illegal even though the blade was only cracked open slightly, finger was on the groove to full open if needed. Hence why I never called the cops either way... I just let it go.
 #100604  by Owen

Another reason why I spend as little time in NJ as possible.

Maybe you need to find a better crowd to hang out with?
 #100605  by Dugan

Owen wrote:Another reason why I spend as little time in NJ as possible.

Maybe you need to find a better crowd to hang out with?
Yea Im looking for other spots, but wheeling anymore is invite only.

Its not the people I hang with haha, its the people that are in the area.
 #100616  by Owen

Dugan wrote:Yea Im looking for other spots, but wheeling anymore is invite only.

Sorry, I was stereotyping wasn't I? :oops:

I've been off-road/4-wheeling in a buddies truck up around the north side of the C&D canal before. I'm not sure if that is still allowed? There are access roads just off the water that lead up to some fun spots.
 #100618  by Dugan

Owen wrote:
Dugan wrote:Yea Im looking for other spots, but wheeling anymore is invite only.

I've been off-road/4-wheeling in a buddies truck up around the north side of the C&D canal before. I'm not sure if that is still allowed? There are access roads just off the water that lead up to some fun spots.

Haha trust me they are to be stereotyped out there. This farm has a reputation.. there stuffed animals hanging from their necks all throughout this place... its creepy, hills have eyes creepy hahaha.

My truck isnt road legal, either is the big truck we bring out.

Its also a little loud haha

This is mine, I just built the bronco for my buddy.
 #100621  by Kuntryboy816

Owen wrote:

Going off of the maintained roads at the canal is illegal. Lots of people finding that out the hard way. There's the Pine Barrens/Wharton State Forest in NJ, Rausch Creek in PA, and a few places in MD, VA and WV to go wheeling (legally).
 #100622  by Dugan

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
Owen wrote:

Going off of the maintained roads at the canal is illegal. Lots of people finding that out the hard way. There's the Pine Barrens/Wharton State Forest in NJ, Rausch Creek in PA, and a few places in MD, VA and WV to go wheeling (legally).

I lived in the pine barrens, there is no wheeling out there and I can guarantee the cops are worse there than the canal. My legal truck that got 5 tickets can tell you.

Yea ill be taking my truck to rasuch as I built it to crawl, but the bronco cant go there haha.
 #101624  by cmath

Way to keep your composure man! Its a shame that NJ is that way. I never really go out that way, so I've never really worried about its ridicules laws and regulations. I used to hit the canal often in my old K5's. Learned the hard way too, luckily this was years ago and I got off with a few slaps on the wrist. But I've been told its a bit more strict these days.

Badass trucks by the way!